There are a lot of benefits to window tinting and many people attempt this on their own by purchasing DIY kits. If you are trying to decide whether you want to complete this job on your own or hire a professional, here are the advantages and disadvantages of DIY window tinting to help with your decision:
- There are a lot of options to choose from, so there is something suitable for everyone. Different types of kits and packages are available, so you will be able to find something that suits both your budget and situation.
- Doing it on your own is less expensive and almost any DIY project will cost less than hiring a professional to do it for you. This is true of window tinting because you will not be paying for labour costs, meaning the overall costs will be a lot less.
- You can find pre-cut kits that are available in today’s market. Both pre-cut and whole sheet kits are available but pre-cut ones are more popular because they are available for hundreds of different vehicle models and types, making the installation process even easier. These kits are precision-measured and cut to fit your windows right out of the box, which is why they are so popular.
- It is not an easy job, so do not be fooled by how simple advertisements make it look. Applying professional-looking window tints on your car is tricky, and depending on the shape and size of your windows, the process can be even more challenging. You need to have the right tools to complete the job properly and not everyone has these items at home, so you will have to consider these additional costs.
- Mistakes can occur, which will ruin the project completely. Attempting to do the job properly is stressful enough but knowing there is zero room for error can make it even more difficult. Those with little or no experience in window tinting will likely make a few mistakes and repairing them is costly because you will need the services of a professional to amend them. Hiring a professional to install it in the first place would be a cheaper option in this case.
- Window tinting is a delicate process and unless you possess that expert touch, the final result can look sloppy. Lack of experience is one of the main downsides of DIY window tinting because this aspect will show once the job is done and most people simply cannot complete the installation as well as an expert can.
As you can see, there are a number of negatives that come with DIY window tinting. If you want your car to have a clean appearance, contact SRS Tinting Solutions who will ensure the job is done professionally and right. We can take care of all of your window tinting needs for you, so contact us now!